What should I expect for music class?
- In music class we will be singing and listening to music of our culture and other cultures.
- We will learn how to read musical rhythms and also musical notation from the staff, through a tool called solfege.
- Music class will not be about textbooks or writing. It is about exploring, learning, playing, cooperating, creating, and experience music and making music together.
- In any given music class, we can be singing, playing instruments, moving, listening, reading, writing, improvising, and creating/composing.
- I will use a sequenced curriculum, which means that everything is planned out so that it is appropriate for each grade level developmentally. I have studied the Ohio standards for Music Education and will closely follow those.
- In music class, everyone is expected to participate. All I ask is that you TRY! I know that not everyone is a natural musician. The important thing is that you try your best. The rest I will help you with!
- We will be using a variety of activities to reach all students, including visual, aural, and physical.
- In music class, we respect ourselves, our classmates, our teachers, and the equipment in the room. We do this by being polite and considerate.
What is the Kodaly philosophy?